Thursday 4 September 2014

Bolt Action WW1 from Osprey




The recent slew of WW1 tanks gave it away but Osprey have just officially announced a publication date for Bolt Action WW1 rules of a year from now.  This is exciting because the Warhammer Historical WW1 rules were a dead end.  I am hoping that four years of WW1 coverage in the media and significant anniversaries will make the period a popular one so that  we get rules and scenarios for things like WW1 in East Africa which, with the early war period is what I am most interested in.

5 comments:

Matt said...

Disappointing coverage on the various documentary channels I feel. Why more re-runs of the World at War when there was a fascinating WW1 equivalent about the same time I don't understand. Wish I could remember what it was called.

The Wilde Goose said...

I'd recommend the WW1 skirmish rules from Too Fat Lardies "Through the Mud and the Blood". Really very good.

Simon said...

Bolt Action? I do not understand the fuss or its success to be honest.

legatus hedlius said...

Now I have played them I tend to agree!

Rhandolph said...

I believe it was called The Great war, it is on YouTube if you search for BBC the great war. YouTube also turns up loads of short 'The great war' videos made each week, hence the BBC bit.